Indian Cinema - Emotion Packed Experience

Watching an Indian Cinema is an experience in itself. May be I am grown up watching all these Telugu/Tamil/Hindi movies, which provide quite a bit of dose in the form of songs, every 20 mts or so, you never feel bored or tired watching a movie, unless the script is terrible. Yes, I do have some "very bad" experience of storylines as well. For instance, take Johnny, starring Pavan Kalyan, there was a craze in the city to catch the first glimpse of the movie, the tickets were being sold for more than 500 bucks in black. I somehow, struggled, and got a ticket. I went on day 1, noon show, may be thatz the "horrible" decision I have ever made.
The story was that of a street fighter who discovers his wife is dying of Cancer. The storyline was weak, and the characters were dumb as a rubber duck. Their emotions on the big screen were never visible, and it was one hell of an experience. I got assured that I am a normal man, and it was not a one-sided experience, the movie BOMBED!!!!
On the same scale, I have another movie, Aditya 369, which I must have watched 10s of times, in my childhood, it was intriguing and keeps you fully seated and enthralled to watch it. Ofcourse, now I am a member of the "we hate balayya" orkut group, but in my childhood days, I loved this movie.
Talking of movies, couple of days back, I got a chance to re-watch Arya (see a clip in the image), may be 3rd time. Again, it made me cry!!! Oh poor heart mine is, I take the dialogues literally, and possibly think that I am in that person's shoes!! I appreciate those sort of movies, which moves you, you rather than watching the movie, move along that person itself.....
I have an interesting experience of a hollywood movie as well.....In SFO, when I was in Oct 2003, I got a chance to go to "Mystic River" along with a gang of 4 friends. I am sure it won an Oscar in some category like best supporting actor or something, but I thought I would give a special award to the person who composed music to this movie. After getting used to Indian Cinema all these years, with lots of songs to keep you awake, Mystic River was a totally contrasting experience for me. My friend had to wake me up in between (may be he heard my snore or something ;)) It was one fun of an experience. I dare not watch "non-action thriller" movies of hollywood, in theater anymore.
However, I am not a movie buff. In my entire growing up years, like between 1996 to 2002, I only watched 1 movie, Titanic in the theatres. I do catch up with latest releases, through some DVDs, but somehow did not manage to go to theaters. But once I am here in Hyderabad, movies have become regular, though bit subdued again now, due to lack of friend circle but probably would improve with time. Indian Cinema is always good, irrespective of 0 logic that they show on screen, I would always chose one enthralling Indian Cinema experience rather than a mundane no-song no-dialogue no-music silent english one ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home