Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 5 - Kovalam Beach - Earthly Heaven



Bidding good bye to Alapuzha was bit difficult, but dared to do that, as the final leg of my journey of Kerala was waiting for me. Kovalam, the beach preferred by most foreign tourists, was beckoning me. It is around 30 mt drive from the Trivandrum airport, from where my flight to Chennai was scheduled the next day, so it rounded off the best place to be in, before catching the flight.

Drive was around 4 hours, but was thrilling to see the village folk of Kerala along with innumerable coconut trees. I am inching towards an eternal satisfaction. We reached Kovalam by lunch and checked in to my "single" bedroom. The final residential accomplishment has been achieved. Now, I need to get a quick bite, and head for the beach, as I was not willing to wait a second. However, by then, my camera memory stick was full of pictures, and wanted to relieve them by burning into a CD.

And the most difficult part was to find a "pure-veg" restaurant in Kovalam. The reason being that as it is a foriegner's favourite spot, the seafood was prevalent, and finally after a tough battle, I got couple of restaurants who served pure-veg food. The irony was that the cook prepared food, only if people enter and order it. Such was the scarcity of pure veg people to those spots :) However, I was lucky and after getting a good veg biryani, I headed towards an Internet center, where my photos were burned to a CD.

Kovalam Beach is one of the most breathtaking beaches I have seen. Basically beach is divided into 2 parts, Eve's Beach and Grove's Beach. The sand again, was even more softer than the Alapuzha one, and the green Arabian Sea, with plenty of Coconut trees invading the beach territory was one sight you should see to believe it. I had a walk all along the beach, and you need to walk in a semi-circular path, as the beach is not straight but semi-circular. Wow...this is one of the most beautiful day in my life. I enjoyed the nature's beauty to the fullest extent emptying my camera space in a ziffy. Then I ventured into the waters, and got fully drained. The waves too, on that particular day, more than unusual and were huge. I had a blast of my life by venturing into the sea water, and the only worrying thing was that my cellphone too tried to enjoy the beach and had a short-circuit and had to be given a permanent coffin, but I was in no mood to have that overcome my enjoyment. It was a trip that can be thought of as one of the most memorable, ever since I have been in this earth ;)

Headed back and packed all my belongings, and was all set to fly off Trivandrum to Chennai, early next day. Bidding Good Bye to Kerala was bit difficult, but then, all good things should come to an end, and to the residents of Kerala, had only 1 message - You just cant be more fortunate enough to spend your life in such a breathtaking beautiful place :)

Now, I would post seperately on all the pics that I have taken and I am sure, you would have enjoyed my entire trip of Kerala, by reading these blogs!! :) :) :)

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kamana Sharma said...

i stay 10 kms from kovalam :-) its a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beautiful beach :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home