Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Best Friend's Wedding....


Day 0: (Flight from Hyderabad to Chennai): Nov 22 -2006
I had booked my flight from Hyderabad to Chennai on Spice Jet. But then, the flight is supposed to land at 8 PM and my train from Chennai Central to Guruvayoor (my first stop in Kerala) was at 9 PM. Oh my god...if I miss that train (because the travel time on road from Airport to Central was good 40-50 mts, and more if we get caught in the traffic)...and being Sunday, I was doubtful of the train services (which was other alternative to get from Airport to Central)....All my attempts to put my luggage as Cabin (instead of checkin) which can save atleast 10 minutes of my time, went in wain....the airport staff insisted I put my luggage in checkin....hmm...further tension...Anyways, leaving it all to the almighty, I sat in my Window Seat looking across the horizon, eager to dream of my first ever visit to Kerala..

Flight reached on schedule, and it was raining out in Chennai. This cut off my first option of checking out for the train service. I have to know move in an Auto (a 3 wheeler) from Chennai Airport to Chennai Central. I know I am not a good bargainer, but this one was definitely not the situation to bargain. More because, one of my friend (Saravana) would already be in the train who too is attending Umesh's Wedding in Guruvayoor.. So I told the guy, take money but make sure drop me in time. The roads to my utmost astonishment, were empty. Probably because, that day was Sunday + Diwali Holidays, I was surprised to reach the station in just 30 minutes. This left a full 30 minutes, for me to get back to normalcy, and cool off..

Chennai has been a good place, but sometimes bothers me a lot, by making me sweat unnecessarily (due to high moisture). and probably one of the strongest reason for my liking to Hyderabad (where I only mentally sweat), than Chennai. Caught up with my friend in the train, had dinner, and we boarded the Chennai Aleppey Express, and the sign of the green light to the Land of the Green (Kerala) was shown by the Railway Staff...... Need to catch some sleep, as I am sure my next 7 days, would be as exciting as tiring....Good Night da....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home