Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 2 : Munnar - The Queen of Hillstations


As long as I see another hill station better than this, Munnar would be the queen of hillstations for me. This place is 6000 feet above the Ground Level, and you must now have got an idea, as to in what attire I would be roaming around out there. Before we move further, I should explain the fun I had while travelling (ofcourse I was not the driver), from Guruvayoor to Munnar.

I almost had 99 out of 100 heads turn back in shock, when I had announced to people that I was going to travel alone, as part of my sightseeing of Kerala. Ofcourse, the one head which wasnt in shock was mine:) As I am not sure of the roads and language, I thought it would be best if I hire a travel agency for a cab, and it was only the driver and me. I had a very good driver, Priyan, who helped me explore Kerala and took me to all the nice places and made sure, I do not miss any fun, even if I am alone. All the fun that I am talking about is the "Mental Relaxation" which was so much necessary after the hectic workschedules I have been through for the past 3 years.

Coming back to Munnar, on Nov 23, I got to stay in a place called Hill View. It was a decent hotel and the problem in hill stations is that you dont get single bed rooms :) You must have now known what kind of people are preferred in such places, but I was determined to go and not wait till my wedding (now, wherez the bride man?????) to see these beautiful places. In a hindsight, I think I made correct decision, as I now know, there are more beautiful things in this world than what you already know. I was told strictly to make sure that I get up by 7 AM, as we had a packed itinerary to cover. Now, I am the guy who sleeps well past midnight, and not get up till 8 in the morning. But to my amusement, I was on the dot, whatever time the driver said, if it was 7, I was there at 7, probably, my biological clock was equally interested to explore the Greenery of Kerala, that it made sure I caught up with some good sleep and also woke me up on time!

Next Pit Stop: Eravikuma National Park...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home