Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chak De....


It was a usual Saturday Evening, when I had some time to catch up a movie in PVR Cinemas (Movie was a timepass "Heyy Babyy", sort of can watch it once types, but the company of frenz made it a nice experience), and justling through the traffic, I managed to buy few pearls for my dearest mom (a long standing promise) and reached home around 8 PM. I was quickly sipping my favourite tea when the news flashed "Hyderabad Blasts". I was taken aback, to hear that 2 bomb blasts went back to back at Lumbini Park and another at a favourite Chat (Gokul Chat), which is in Koti. Chill ran through my spine as I had been to both these places in the past, and loved them for it's uniqueness. One provides absolute entertainment, while another gives you the mouthwatering dishes.

I was lost in the news for 2 hours, watching the gory bodies mutilated and wailing people. I know for sure, this is not the YOUTH of India wanted. These activities to disturb peace and harmony really makes me wonder, the gain achieved by these unscrupolous elements, who take away a father/mother, a son/daughter for proving nothing!!!!

I decided to get my mind see something fresh, and I saw "Chak De India". Shahrukh Khan has been one of the actors I admire, not for his presence in the screen, but because of the character he gets to represent in the screen. I have always loved the character of "Raj" in DDLJ, "Rahul" of KKHH/K3G. He is fortunate to get such nice lover/son roles, and he did justify those roles as well. I did not like much of him in his late ventures, and hence did not have much hope before the title started rolling in.

I would not write the story here, since its already couple of weeks old and proved itself in the BO. I want to write about my thoughts on how much the message impacted me. It did IMPACT me. Every moment, you feel the tri-color showing up fluttering, every move the team makes to win for the country, every frame which unites souls which are fighting, I simply got bowled over (errr a cricketing term, but couldnt find a matching hockey word dear)....

What a starking contrast from those people still find time to destroy innocent families for no fault of theirs!! The stark reality stings me frankly, but all this is in an individual's hand. If the moral education had been better, if the attitude of revenge is buried, if the politicians work for the people, not for their chair, we can build the country it once was, the symbol of tolerance. It probably is the right time to say Chak De, to oust those barbarians who consume "innocent lives" for their selfish motives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home