Lake Tahoe - Breathtaking Week 2


Yes, bit late if you consider the last post, but just read to my other posts to find out why!!! So, this post is all about the week 2 experience in San Francisco. First, on Saturday, I met up Ashwin, my best friend in US, who was my collegue and he took me to downtown SFO. We caught up an Apple Store, enquired for iPod Touch, which I was very very eager to put my hands on, but as the sales person its coming only on Oct 29, 1 day after I am supposed to leave US shores, and after bit being disappointed, we ended up in an Indian Restaurant and overcame all that, with some fantastic dosa.
When I reached hotel, without being sure how my Sunday would be, (nayyy, I dont like sleepy sunday atleast when I am in US), I met up with couple of friends (Santosh and Sandeep) and Santosh enquired if I am interested to accompany them to Lake Tahoe. Without a doubt, I said yes, because I have heard so much about the lake. All set by 7 AM, and after a hurriedly completed breakfast, I comforted myself in the backseat of the car (now you know why I like chauffer driven cars ;) ;) ) and we said "GOOOOOO". I couldnt miss the experience of my life here. We were going on 101 South towards San Jose, and someone wanted to stop by, for reasons not disclosed ;) We knew it was a freeway with vehicles zoooooming by, and a stop was just impossible. But because we found a spot on the side of the road (which incidentally should be used in case of a breakdown), we halted there. We just felt "good" after couple of minutes, and were posing for some pics (as if we have achieved something great ;) ) and lo, siren siren siren of a police cab. He asked us, "Any Problem Sir???"? We said the reason and he responded with an most amusing look, Sir...you should not stop here! You should drive down 10 miles when you would find the rest area. (He doesnt know the damage is done already" :) We immediately acknowledged the inspector for guiding us ;) and hurried through the road. We had so much of fun over this moment, that that guy was taunted whenever seen ;)
Lake Tahoe's drive is beautiful and scenic. It's a big, i mean VERY BIG lake. It is said, it's water can cover the entire state of california by 3 feet of water. More than it's size, the lake was so crystal clear, that it is said it's base could be seen with naked eye. The plan for us was to head to the south part of the lake, go all the way around, if time permits, jump in at Reno (the junior Las Vegas) and head back. However, when Santosh said he is driving in US for the first time, and also hadnt driven much back home in India, our hearts were almost in our mouth. However, I have to compliment here that he did drive safely and fantastically (it is said US cars are really easy to drive), still a job WELL done!!
Coming back to Lake Tahoe, we just passed through the road adjoining the lake, stopping at every point we found (ourselves as children) and jumped out, and posed pics. I have taken Santosh, so many pics that he would be forever indebted for showing him as a pucca telugu hero :) We then reached some "must-see" shores of the lake, and it was a breathtaking experience. The chillness of the water, the beautiful postcard type images, was just too much for me. It was WOWW like. Also, the mountain which now was not ice-capped, was said to be full of ice when winter sets in. I was just wondering how beautiful that sight would have been and because it was already very late, considering we had plenty of picture poses, we decided to skip Reno and rather target the BIG one (Las Vegas) sometime later, and headed back to hotel.
If you see the pics uploaded here, you would believe, Lake Tahoe is one of the MOST BREATHTAKING lake ever you would see!!!!
Pics uploaded at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sriswami/LakeTahoe
More adventures (infact BIG one's coming up).....
When I reached hotel, without being sure how my Sunday would be, (nayyy, I dont like sleepy sunday atleast when I am in US), I met up with couple of friends (Santosh and Sandeep) and Santosh enquired if I am interested to accompany them to Lake Tahoe. Without a doubt, I said yes, because I have heard so much about the lake. All set by 7 AM, and after a hurriedly completed breakfast, I comforted myself in the backseat of the car (now you know why I like chauffer driven cars ;) ;) ) and we said "GOOOOOO". I couldnt miss the experience of my life here. We were going on 101 South towards San Jose, and someone wanted to stop by, for reasons not disclosed ;) We knew it was a freeway with vehicles zoooooming by, and a stop was just impossible. But because we found a spot on the side of the road (which incidentally should be used in case of a breakdown), we halted there. We just felt "good" after couple of minutes, and were posing for some pics (as if we have achieved something great ;) ) and lo, siren siren siren of a police cab. He asked us, "Any Problem Sir???"? We said the reason and he responded with an most amusing look, Sir...you should not stop here! You should drive down 10 miles when you would find the rest area. (He doesnt know the damage is done already" :) We immediately acknowledged the inspector for guiding us ;) and hurried through the road. We had so much of fun over this moment, that that guy was taunted whenever seen ;)
Lake Tahoe's drive is beautiful and scenic. It's a big, i mean VERY BIG lake. It is said, it's water can cover the entire state of california by 3 feet of water. More than it's size, the lake was so crystal clear, that it is said it's base could be seen with naked eye. The plan for us was to head to the south part of the lake, go all the way around, if time permits, jump in at Reno (the junior Las Vegas) and head back. However, when Santosh said he is driving in US for the first time, and also hadnt driven much back home in India, our hearts were almost in our mouth. However, I have to compliment here that he did drive safely and fantastically (it is said US cars are really easy to drive), still a job WELL done!!
Coming back to Lake Tahoe, we just passed through the road adjoining the lake, stopping at every point we found (ourselves as children) and jumped out, and posed pics. I have taken Santosh, so many pics that he would be forever indebted for showing him as a pucca telugu hero :) We then reached some "must-see" shores of the lake, and it was a breathtaking experience. The chillness of the water, the beautiful postcard type images, was just too much for me. It was WOWW like. Also, the mountain which now was not ice-capped, was said to be full of ice when winter sets in. I was just wondering how beautiful that sight would have been and because it was already very late, considering we had plenty of picture poses, we decided to skip Reno and rather target the BIG one (Las Vegas) sometime later, and headed back to hotel.
If you see the pics uploaded here, you would believe, Lake Tahoe is one of the MOST BREATHTAKING lake ever you would see!!!!
Pics uploaded at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sriswami/LakeTahoe
More adventures (infact BIG one's coming up).....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home