Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Love at First Sight


Yes. I landed on Indian Soil from US on September 30, 2007. Headed straight to home with lots of chocolates and more sweet memories of Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe, I quickly got the most awaited coffee made by my mom, and then had dinner and quietly slipped into the bed. As usual, this time too, no JET lag!!!


It's been sometime since my dad and mom have been looking for a suitable match for me, and though I was not very serious to begin with, post US, I thought, lets settle down buddy!!! Lookout for the girl who is made for you!!! and just when thinking about the thought ;) my dad showed me "Remya's" profile sent by her dad. I quickly checked her photograph in Tamil Matrimony website, and I should say, "Love at First Sight" and "fell flat" feeling. The pic attached would tell you the reason ;) She was so much homely and good looking and charming and beautiful and .....lots more!!!! I said, OK!! (shouldnt be showing my happiness straightaway right??) and we fixed up a date of October 28 and place as Bangalore, when both families would meet.


Meanwhile, I wore the "famous" 007 cap, and found out Remya's e-mail ID from the saviour, orkut, and contacted her. With a very favourable reply ;) and a phone number in hand, I made full use of the Oct 1 - Oct 27 time frame, wherein we almost spoke for an hour (to the minimum) per day and made sure we feel so much comfortable with each other that, the visit to bangalore only seemed to be made up for the parents to meet, as we felt we are already psychologically much much compliant to each other. I too felt the warmth and care from her voice that I needed in my better half, and with lots of dreams, was waiting for the day that would change my life.


October 28:

Special Special Day. We landed a day earlier at my best family friend, Maniappan's home and then played around with the kid, Varun. Got up early on October 28 and was ready with my pink shirt (ok, dont let you imaginations run, this one definitely looks much better than the one worn by tamil/telugu actors) ;) and blue trousers. Myself, mom and dad quickly got into an Auto, and the meetingplace was supposed to be "Forum" at Koramangla, which is a shopping center. We reached almost 30 mts early and so had time to take my dad and mom around the escalator (had to catch hold of my mom's hand as she was scary about this) ;) and took my dad to a CD shop who quickly purchased lots of devotional one's like Samavedam, Rudram Chamakam et all.


We then established contact on phone and knowing that Remya's mom and dad are coming, waited at the ground floor and with a gleam in my eye was awaiting my princess's arrival. And you guessed right, I was able to quickly identify Remya's mom and dad (as she had once sent me pics by email) and then there was their cousin-brother. Now, where is Remya??????? I was told she is coming in 5 mts!!! Now, just imagine my position there!! ;) Still, I knew my Remya is coming for me!! and lo, she came, she saw, she conquered! We then thought as there is not much place to sit and talk around, we decided to go to Kutta's place and then have a discussion. With the parents bringing about a decision that the kids (yeah thats us) have already decided much during the course of our 28 day phone chat, it was more of a final approval.


With just an hour into talking each other's families, already the dates for engagement (as Nov 16), the venue of Engagement (as Shanti Kalyana mandapam), the wedding date of (Feb 3) and venue of Lalith Mahal at Trivandrum was all finalized. As later remarked by Remya, it seemed like a 20-20 match with things getting set so fast and so nicely :) I should thank JP (Jayaprakash) for single handedly making sure the mandapam for engagement was all booked and ready for the Big Nov 16 day.


As far as my first meeting with Remya is concerned, she is the one who talks with her eyes ;) and I did show some of my antics like being outspoken, fearless and jovial, and was happy to see the girl's parents liked me as much as my parents liked the girl. We all had good lunch and then said bye to each other, as we had to head to back to Hyderabad that night, and Remya's parents to Trivandrum. Meanwhile, I made sure I passed on 3 ear-rings which I specially chose for Remya, secretly :) What a good feeling that was ;) ;) :) - Now read more for the Big Day!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home