Disney Land - Los Angeles

The people whom I met over week 2 had become close friends by then. Along with Santosh and Sandeep and Gaurav, whom I knew already, I got a chance to catch up with Sameer and Raja. Over a casual talk came the the announcement that week 3 would be a MEGA trip to Los Angeles. People were planning to check if they could fly to LA to avoid the harsh 8 hour drive. However, somehow things didnt go as planned and they finalized that they would drive and instead of just a 2 day (weekend holiday), they would take Monday off and cover Las Vegas as well.
I was skeptical of going on vacation on a Monday after having reached there to do a project. The others were pretty confident that they are going ahead with the plan and made necessary arrangements (like booking a vehicle, booking hotel rooms etc). At 3.15 PM on Friday, I dropped in to my Manager's cabin as we had to chat on a particular action item. During the talk, I told that in another 15 mts, a group of 5 are leaving for LA and LV trip and I do not know what to do this weekend with them gone. He asked why arent you going? I told that we have to take Monday off, and I was not very sure to go with that plan. He gave me a friendly pat, and said you should go and see these places. It's fine if you want a vacation on Monday. As we were talking, I excused myself, immediately called up my friend and asked if an open place was still there for me. With him saying yes (a strong reason could be my good photography skills exhibited as part of Lake Tahoe), I immediately jumped with joy and immediately rushed to the hotel. As obviously I was running against time, I quickly packed up my suitcase and got into the cab just on time. In the hurry, forgot to pack my passport (you would realized how important it would be)...
Gaurav got behind the wheels to begin with, and even when it was bit cramp in space, the company of friends made my backseat the best place (like you were in a BIG limousine and feel like the BOSS). Gaurav right at the beginning, took an Indian Left (instead of turning left on the other side of the road, he drove like Indian signal, and lo, we were facing upcoming traffic, and after controlling ourselves from laughing out of our seats), we managed to turn just on time. We always then made sure we inform Gaurav that take "American Left", :) and had so much fun teasing him on this. Having said that, as we knew that the weather forecast in LA was going to be bit of showers, we expected some rain on the road to LA. Gaurav drove so nicely all the way, all the night that its just cant be said with a thank you. We pulled over a rest area for sometime, before heading straight to LA. It was a drive of less than 8-9 hours, and the first pit stop in LA was to find out Gaurav's college friend whoz working there in LA. We roamed and roamed and roamed and finally figured out. It was around 2 AM.
The plan was that we would spend Saturday and Sunday till noon in LA, and then start off to Las Vegas where we would "dance our heart out on Sunday Night". As per plan, the 5 people had passes to Disney Land which means I have to find a way of funding my $90 bill (those guys got it at half the price due to corporate discount). Anyways, money is not going to stop me from enjoying fully out...and I queued up to pay up $80 (I got a $10 discount due to a torn coupon I got in a magazine) and like a small kid, went into the Disney Land. I have been to LA way back in 2003, but we only had covered Universal Studios, at that time and hence Disney is going to be a fantastic experience. DisneyLand LA, was filled with rides and entertainment quarters that as we moved from 1 place to another to another, it was so much fun. Took most of the rides there and had plenty of fun. In between, there was a slight drizzle (atleast in US, weatherman do know forecast) and we used up that time to grab a bite. I was dying for a mirchi bajji for that kind of weather, but that was too much of an ask, isnt it?
Finally, we came back to Gaurav's friend's room around 11 PM after a fantastic day. We decided to make sure to catch up all sleep as the next night is going to be just AMAZING!!!! Mr. Walt Disney, when are you coming to India????
Pictures speak thousand words. Just see our Disney Experience here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sriswami/LA2007
I was skeptical of going on vacation on a Monday after having reached there to do a project. The others were pretty confident that they are going ahead with the plan and made necessary arrangements (like booking a vehicle, booking hotel rooms etc). At 3.15 PM on Friday, I dropped in to my Manager's cabin as we had to chat on a particular action item. During the talk, I told that in another 15 mts, a group of 5 are leaving for LA and LV trip and I do not know what to do this weekend with them gone. He asked why arent you going? I told that we have to take Monday off, and I was not very sure to go with that plan. He gave me a friendly pat, and said you should go and see these places. It's fine if you want a vacation on Monday. As we were talking, I excused myself, immediately called up my friend and asked if an open place was still there for me. With him saying yes (a strong reason could be my good photography skills exhibited as part of Lake Tahoe), I immediately jumped with joy and immediately rushed to the hotel. As obviously I was running against time, I quickly packed up my suitcase and got into the cab just on time. In the hurry, forgot to pack my passport (you would realized how important it would be)...
Gaurav got behind the wheels to begin with, and even when it was bit cramp in space, the company of friends made my backseat the best place (like you were in a BIG limousine and feel like the BOSS). Gaurav right at the beginning, took an Indian Left (instead of turning left on the other side of the road, he drove like Indian signal, and lo, we were facing upcoming traffic, and after controlling ourselves from laughing out of our seats), we managed to turn just on time. We always then made sure we inform Gaurav that take "American Left", :) and had so much fun teasing him on this. Having said that, as we knew that the weather forecast in LA was going to be bit of showers, we expected some rain on the road to LA. Gaurav drove so nicely all the way, all the night that its just cant be said with a thank you. We pulled over a rest area for sometime, before heading straight to LA. It was a drive of less than 8-9 hours, and the first pit stop in LA was to find out Gaurav's college friend whoz working there in LA. We roamed and roamed and roamed and finally figured out. It was around 2 AM.
The plan was that we would spend Saturday and Sunday till noon in LA, and then start off to Las Vegas where we would "dance our heart out on Sunday Night". As per plan, the 5 people had passes to Disney Land which means I have to find a way of funding my $90 bill (those guys got it at half the price due to corporate discount). Anyways, money is not going to stop me from enjoying fully out...and I queued up to pay up $80 (I got a $10 discount due to a torn coupon I got in a magazine) and like a small kid, went into the Disney Land. I have been to LA way back in 2003, but we only had covered Universal Studios, at that time and hence Disney is going to be a fantastic experience. DisneyLand LA, was filled with rides and entertainment quarters that as we moved from 1 place to another to another, it was so much fun. Took most of the rides there and had plenty of fun. In between, there was a slight drizzle (atleast in US, weatherman do know forecast) and we used up that time to grab a bite. I was dying for a mirchi bajji for that kind of weather, but that was too much of an ask, isnt it?
Finally, we came back to Gaurav's friend's room around 11 PM after a fantastic day. We decided to make sure to catch up all sleep as the next night is going to be just AMAZING!!!! Mr. Walt Disney, when are you coming to India????
Pictures speak thousand words. Just see our Disney Experience here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sriswami/LA2007

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home