November 16 - My Engagement With Remya
Finally, the most beautiful moment of my life, November 16 has arrived. My Engagement with Remya. As planned, we started off early in the day to the Shanti Kalyana Mandapam, where the function was organized. Being Friday, it was auspicious and also we expected all our close relatives to be there. To my surprise, whomever my dad had written postcards and invited them to his only son's engagement ceremony, all turned up and it was such a nice feeling. Remya, with her parents and all relatives too arrived on scheduled time. The ceremony had to start around 12 noon, and hence, once breakfast was over, I was just waiting for an opportunity to meet Remya. As Tamlian customs have lots of dos and dont's, I waited patiently and once the ceremony started, it was such a nice feeling.
Remya came out in a nicely clad blue saree. First, Kutta gave me the new dress to wear, and then Viji (my sister) gave Remya, a specially selected (ofcourse, it was my selection) Silk Saree (of mango yellow color). Both of us went to seperate rooms and changed our dresses and awaited instructions from elders to come to the main hall. The wait was so "much" for me, I thought I should just come out :P However, waited for my turn and came out after 30 mts. By the time, Remya too was beautifully decorated and I was like singing, "Aaankhon mein teriiiii ajab si ajab sii ada haiiii", hey Remya what did you sing yaar???? :P
So the festivities took for an hour and then a fantastic lunch, nice dinner and head back home. Both sides of the families were very happy about the outcome and also the engagement ceremony itself. Overall, November 16, a date etched in my memory for the rest of my life.
Enjoy the pics uploaded here:
Pics taken by Official Photographer:
Pics taken by Manikandan:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home