Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Honeymoon Adventure - Season 2 - Goa

More pics available at : http://picasaweb.google.com/sriswami/Goa
How can a honeymoon called so if you dont surf the waters of Goa. We headed directly from Delhi to Goa for another week of fun-filled vacation. Having exposed to the -17 degrees celcius of Manali, I was little scared if we would get sick to the 30's of Goa. However, both of us were in no mood of such health issues coming in our way of fun-filled week ahead. I had planned it with care for Remya so that I celebrate the "Feb 14", the first valentine's day of our life to be grand. I had booked the Grand Hyatt hotel at Goa for 1 night that of Feb 14, and then planned to spend the rest of the week in Club Mahindra. As per plan, we landed in Goa, headed straight to Grand Hyatt. I love the way the reception takes your credit card, and gives them back, I could see most of those working folks were from China or eastern country. It was surprising on one-hand but the hotel was 5 star to the core. The rooms were amazing, the bath tubs were scintillating, the beach was private and to top it, it was Feb 14.


We surfed the beach for sometime in the evening, holding hand-in-hand, and then walking through the specially arranged "rose-flowered" candle light dinner for the guests. We enjoyed every moment of our stay in the hotel and when it was time to pack bags and move on to Club Mahindra, I had a sense of satisfaction of being able to give my valentine the best she deserves on the Valentine's Day. We still remember how we look at the chocolate cake that the hotel guests had in our room, wishing us a happy honeymoon :P :P
Once in club Mahindra, it was back to beaches, surfing, walking on the sand, fun-filled activities, lunch and dinner at your leisure etc. The rooms were just about fine with privacy being allowed. We decided to see the "architectural wonder" of Goa including seeing the churches, village folks, the age-old houses which are still being preserved with all portugese stuff and they were very nice.

We had romantic sunsets almost every day in the beach, wherein the sun turned bright orange and it was so beautiful, I must have taken several pics of the Sun. Overall, the week went past pretty fast but we did get some time to catch up the glimpse of Goa and had some purchases as well as ate some Goan' cuisine (without fish) :P
I had planned the honeymoon perfectly well. Everything was as per plan, and the final leg of our journey was to travel from Goa to Mumbai via the Konkan railways. I have always heard so much about this Railways wherein the trackes just bisect the huge caves and the train experience is supposed to be the best. And so it was...I have videos of these train ride inside caves which spans for 10 mts or so, just consider how it would be to turn from bright sunlight to pitch dark for 10 mts and the back to being in bright sunlight. We had lot of fun there. We landed in Mumbai and went straight to Viji's house. Viji was carrying Aishwarya at that time and hence couldn't travel to my wedding. Hence this plan of taking Remya directly to viji so that she feels happy too. Overall, we had a good night stay and said bye to everyone to be back in Hyderabad. The fortnight long honeymoon was slowly coming to a close and the reality of joining work from the next day was daunting to say the least.
Into Work Mode now buddies....but there are more posts to come, wait and watch..

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kamana Sharma said...

Wow! i loved the plan... amazing valentines day.. seems straight from a dream :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home