Footprints in Sand

Come....Walk with Me!!!!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Enroute to Trivandrum

I have come back, atlast to put my last 6 months which have undoubtedly been the best moments of my life. I would keep the posts to help you catch up with all the happenings. From the last post, you would have known that I got engaged to Remya from Trivandrum, who works for Infosys. The wedding location has been fixed as "Lalit Mahal Kalyana Mandapam" in Trivandrum and the date was 3-Feb-2008. As I was made the incharge of arranging the train reservations, it was fun doing it for 40 odd folks who were supposed to board at different train junctions. Since, all my mom's relatives planned to board from Trichy on the stroke of midnight, there was a confusion of the date to book. Fortunately, all went well and I did book tickets for my relatives boarding at Chennai and Trichy. It was a big gang. There was a festive look all around. There were plenty of potshots and digs that were targetted on me. Even then, this brave man weathered the storm. Apologies but I like flattering myself :P

At Trichy, we received another gang and made sure they all are accomodated well. JP has to be thanked for his tireless efforts on this front. We were received at Trivandrum Central by Remya's appa and amma and some more relatives. We then had a quick changeover and proceeded towards the Kalyana Mandapam. I was greeted by a plethora of special guests and family friends and after the initial ceremonies, my eyes were looking for just one person in that entire group. And here she comes, and she looked beautiful. Her Mehndi was adding an extra beauty to her and the vekkam (shyness) has already descended upon her. We had a good lunch and all relatives got back into their allocated rooms for a quick nap.

All the traditional activities are to start at 6 PM. Just checked time, its still 4 PM. It feels if there were no 5 PM in since my wedding celebrations are to start in an hour or so Watch out for this space :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home